Advertisement

Magic Mouse bluetooth pairing problem

topic posted Sun, January 15, 2012 - 6:44 PM by 
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hi guys! I FINALLY got a Magic Mouse (about an hour and a half ago), and I'm *very* excited to use it, but I can't get it to work! I turn on the mouse and wait five seconds until the green light starts flashing, indicating that it's ready to pair. I go to System Preferences | Mouse | Set Up Bluetooth Mouse. It says, "Found "Apple Magic Mouse" mouse." I click "Continue," and after several seconds, it says, "The pairing attempt was unsuccessful. Click "Continue" to try again." As soon as I click "Continue," it says "No mouse found." I've tried this several times. I've also tried clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the upper right-hand corner of my monitor, going to "Apple Magic Mouse," and clicking "Connect." It seems to think that it's connected, because if I click on "Apple Magic Mouse" again, the "Connect" option is now "Disconnect," but the system prefs window still says "No mouse found," and at no time does the green light on the bottom of the mouse ever change from flashing to steady. If I go into Bluetooth Setup Assistant, I have the same problem. It says that it's connecting, then it says that the connection was successful, then the device shows up in the Bluetooth Devices window as both connected *and* paired (although the green light on the bottom of the mouse is *still* flashing), and then a second later, it says (again), "The pairing attempt was unsuccessful. Make sure your mouse is in range of this computer (which it is), turned on (which it is), and "discoverable" (which I'm assuming it is). When ready, click Continue to try again." I click Continue, and the whole process starts all over again. I'm running 10.5.8, I've installed Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0, I've checked for any other software updates (there are none available), and my iMac's Bluetooth is both "On" and "Discoverable." I haven't found anything helpful Googling the problem. What the hell?? Am I going to have to return this thing tomorrow?
posted by:
Advertisement

Recent topics in "Mac OS X"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Domain Registrattion Recommendations? digital gypsy 12 September 6, 2014
Why Is This So? Azeeza 1 September 6, 2014
QuickTime Player recording Dick 4 August 1, 2014
Hide/Cloak IP Address Moshi Moshi 5 July 21, 2014